[Asterisk-Users] Error compiling in RedHat 9

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Thu Apr 10 05:24:50 MST 2003

I thought I would give RedHat 9 a try with Asterisk..I thought it would be a good idea to use the latest version..

Zaptel, Zapata and Libpri all appear to have compiled sucessfully..

But.. (Why is there always a but??)

It seems Asterisk is having issues with 'termcap' or 'tgetent' whatever that is..

Here is the output from 'make install'..

--------Start--------
if [ -d CVS ] && ! [ -f .version ]; then echo "CVS-`date +"%D-%T"`" > .version; fi
./make_build_h
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... install
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... /usr/bin/ar
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -ltinfo... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
configure: error: termcap support not found
make: *** [editline/config.h] Error 1

Any idea whats wrong?? or is somthing missing??

Later..