[Asterisk-Users] Caller press "0" in Voicemail

DUSTIN WILDES dwildes at pabbankshares.com
Wed Apr 9 15:41:24 MST 2003

I would like to add the ability for our users to be able to press "0" whenever reaching someone's voicemail box to re-reroute them to the auto-attendant.
Here's a sample extensions.conf:

[incoming]
include => ciscophones

exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,15
exten => s,5,BackGround(auto-greeting)
exten => s,6,BackGround(auto-menu)

[ciscophones]

exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000,15)
exten => 1000,2,Voicemail(u1000)
exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001,15)
exten => 1001,2,Voicemail(u1001)
exten => o,1,Goto(incoming,s,6)
exten => 0,1,Goto(ciscophones,1001,1)

Now if I press "0" during the voicemail prompt - it will Dial extension 1001 instead of routing to the [incoming] context and re-play the auto-menu.
Does the Voicemail application look for the letter "o" or zero "0"?  If it only looks for zero "0", how do I separate my "0" context from the Voicemail option?