[Asterisk-Users] Quesiton about SIP and MSN

it info at itwav.com
Tue Apr 8 08:40:05 MST 2003

It's running now! Thank you very much.

john

----- Original Message -----
From: "WipeOut ." <wipeout at linuxmail.org>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 12:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Quesiton about SIP and MSN

> Here is a minimal config..
>
> ---for sip.conf---
> [1235]
> type=friend
> host=dynamic
> ------------------
>
> ---extensions.conf---
> exten => 1235,1,Dial(SIP/1235)
> exten => 1235,2,Congestion
> ---------------------
>
> This is a very basic setup and you will have to investigate the various
options to see what you need for your particular config.. The extension is
1235 which for simplicity is the same as the phone name but you can call the
phone whatever you like just remember to change it in the extensios.conf
file.

> For you sip client (MSN) the username will be "1235" (without the quotes)
and the password will be blank..

> Hope that helps..

messager. I want to know if I should setup a SIP server in my LAN. I don't
know what the MSN's sign-in name means. And how to configure it in sip.conf
and extensions.conf. A example would be appreciated.