[Asterisk-Users] Should List be Moderated?

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Mon Apr 7 16:43:17 MST 2003

In light of recent flame baits and advertisements sent to the list, I
would like to seek opinions of list members on making the list moderated.
I certainly don't have time to moderate the list myself, so I would
suggest giving at least a half dozen, maybe more, people the ability to
approve posts to keep it flowing quickly.  Moderators would be asked just
to approve/disapprove based upon a specific list of characteristics.
Among characteristics that *could* be considered:

* Posts should not advertise products, especially not those unusuable
under Asterisk
* Posts should not contain profanity
* Posts should not simply be "me-too"'s
* Arguably, maybe something related to flame baits

Any comments on any of these rules, or suggestions for others, that would
make the list more valuable?

Mark