[Asterisk-Users] regarding the new tdm?0b cards (another newbie question)

Grzegorz Nosek blackfire at metal.art.pl
Mon Apr 7 07:09:52 MST 2003

hi everybody and thanks for replying to my previous posts!

i have some questions about the new cards announced on digium's website:
these cards are 1-4 fxs interfaces, meaning i can take 4 analog phone handsets
w/standard rj11's and plug them in to dial via *, right? not until fxo is
implemented (is it going to be? when?) can i plug analog phone lines in? if
the ports are made fxo/fxs selectable, it's going to be a 'dreams come true'
card :)

(once again) i'd like to ask about the difference between isdn4linux and capi
cards - is this the same as passive vs active isdn? what's the difference wrt
asterisk? could you name a simple isdn card which works with asterisk

and now, about the thread that caused so much traffic recently:
don't beat the shit out of the guy who wanted to make cheaper cards, cooperate
with him - if he can sell them for $850, buy them from him and sell for $1100,
with limited support, for example. (that's just an idea, don't /dev/null me! ;)

at least here in poland average earnings are roughly around $600-$700/month,
so every $ counts, especially for small companies.

i am interested in making a complete box that could support several analog and
isdn lines (several meaning up to about 16 total, maybe less) which would
provide connectivity to a lan attached to it (plus maybe standard analog
phones & faxes as an added bonus) together with dial-in voice application
support ("hello, this is xx corp. for the sales dept, press 1 etc.", voice
mailboxes etc.) and other cool stuff (ideas generally unlimited ;). i realise
it can be made much cheaper with * than ready-made pbxes (expensive as hell if
you ask me) and now i'm (slowly) getting into the details. any suggestions please?

thanks in advance,
 grzegorz nosek