[Asterisk-Users] Quesiton about SIP and MSN

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Mon Apr 7 00:27:28 MST 2003

john:

> Hi,I would like to ask a silly question. I want to test * with MSN
> messager. I want to know if I should setup a SIP server in my LAN.  I

nope, good 'ol * should handle the SIP related stuff, specially with the
recent advances in SIP handling capability...

from the mailing list archives (google search "site:marko.net")

for the m$n config side look at http://mcleod.pbx.nq.net/msn/

and for the * side in sip.conf here's a sample/simple entry

[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls

[sipper]			; sip userid put in m$n
type=friend			; allow her to make & receive calls
secret=heednone			; her password
host=dynamic			; allow her to shift IPs

> don't know what the MSN's sign-in name means. And how to configure it in
> sip.conf and extensions.conf.  A example would be appreciated.

there is also a registry patch you can apply to get the dailpad during a
call, set to "1" using regedit the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService\Corp2PC_Phone

remember, the newer m$n (ala 5.0) doesn't have SIP support, so you'll have
to use an older verion like 4.6

- wasim