[Asterisk-Users] Priority usage: absolute sequential vs.sequential

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Sun Apr 6 20:42:09 MST 2003

> I already use macros to simplify, but at some point you are reduced
> to using priorities.
>
> It seems inelegant to rely on my editor or a post-processor to handle
> things that are easily handled just by trivially changing the way
> that the parser works.

Well that is true. However it may not be trivia. You could introduce a bunch
of side issues with things like the way that busys work. On the other hand,
I have had the trouble you describe and a fall through conf might make for
eazier management of big confs with gotos. That said, my reply had taken on
a tangental life of its own as I was mostly objecting to the idea of
re-numbering the way the as/400 does - which I had mentioned - and really
only as a point of interest.

Sheesh, I type so slow I can't remember what was at the beginning of this
sentence.

John