[Asterisk-Users] Priority usage: absolute sequential vs. sequential

John Harragin jharragi at mw.k12.ny.us
Sun Apr 6 17:34:43 MST 2003

> In vim,
Yuck!

> > Then, when I wanted to insert something between 10 and 20, I would
> > simply call it "15" and it would Just Work
I work on an AS/400 they have a couple of utilities that use this - and
after an insertion (when you save) it re-numbers the list. Anyway I would
argue against this because most priorities (I expect) are one digit, thus
more typing would be required.

In any case, you would probably be better off writing a bash script so a
repeated or reduced priority would get (previous+1) to parse the file or a
macro for your favorite editor.

exten => s,2,1
exten => s,2,a
exten => s,2,b
exten => s,3,2
becomes
exten => s,2,1
exten => s,3,a
exten => s,4,b
exten => s,5,2

You might want to look at using macros to simplify maintenance (take a look
at the 'hunt' thread also.  I expect to finish up soon).

John