[Asterisk-Users] CE certification for Europe

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Apr 4 00:58:58 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:>

> Digium has operated unlike essentially any other telecom company.  We have
> released all our drivers and software under Open Source licensing -- on an
> architecture in which almost all the real logic lies in the software.  We
> have tried to be as open as possible, in spite of the risks that we open
> ourselves up to.

Every asterisk user on this earth owes Mark and Digium a huge debt of
gratitude.  Not only, as he said in this mail, is their hardware very
very modestly priced, the asterisk software is incomparable in terms of
its leanness and functionality.

I have no doubt that if in the future Digium asked us users to pony up a
bit more cash for the hardware they sell there are very few of us who
wouldn't be glad to do so--this stuff is the best bargain I have
encountered so far in my career.

I am running asterisk on three servers, hooked to 2 POTS lines, 3 Vonage
lines, several SIP ITSPs, and some Linejacks just to make life
interesting.  I get to play in the future space of the telephony
industry for a total investment of a few hundred dollars.

Thanks, Mark and Digium, and I'm sure my sentiments are shared by most
of your enthusiastic customer base.

B.