[Asterisk-Users] CE certification for Europe

d hinton hint63 at charter.net
Thu Apr 3 14:32:55 MST 2003

first off the majority of work on the cards was made by zapata guys, let's
give them the credit. secondly are you talking about hardward support or
asterisk software support?
hi
let's deal with drivers first: the original was released by zapata guy's as
GLP'ed software and any derivertive of that work sould also be GPL'ed. and
yes we would support any drivers built by us and maybe even some that are
not. but that's what open source is about. a group of people working
together to make a piece of software the best it could be.

now on to the hardware support; digium provides one hour support with their
cards. that would be about $700 per hour for support. thanks but no thanks.
times are too hard for those prices :-D
also we're getting off base here, my intent was NOT to bash digium for their
prices but rather find a way to get people without the huge budget of a
great company like yours, to be able to add to the project in a meaningful
way. few can at the current pricing schema, that's why the original makers
sold it at ~$250 USD and released it GPL in the first place. just my two
cents
dwayne