[Asterisk-Users] non-telephony use of T400P?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 11:05:10 MST 2003

Is there a block diagram or similar for the T400P?
What about programming information?  What documentation
exists for it that a device driver writter might want?

I need a T1 interface for a non-telephony application.
All I need to do is get the raw bits into a computer

The application is this:

A radio telemetry system sends a bit stream to a reciever
the reciever recovers the clock but not word boundries
it then puts this uninterpeted bit stream on one end of
a T1. ...(lots of detail omitted here.)...
At the other end we use "a bunch of equipment" to
get this data into a format usable by computers.  I'd like
to replace this "bunch of equipment" with a PC, some
kind of a T1 interface card and some software.  The more
basic and programable the T1 interface card the better as
the data is unconventional (from the viewpoint of a
PC) and might contain 12, 6, or 10 bit bytes mixed in
the same bit stream. Sometimes the bit stream is multiplexed
over multiple T1s. So I do _not_ need the T1 interface
card to do any protocol, just pass the bits.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Cell:   310-990-7550