[Asterisk-Users] OS X support?

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Thu Apr 3 12:25:10 MST 2003

I guess you mean the whole thing.  It should be possible to port, and I
think I gave it a shot at compiling at some point, but I didn't spend
much time looking at why it didn't work.  Surely, there's lots of very
small things, and probably a few big things that would need to be fixed
(most notably, you'd need to change a bunch of things about shared
libraries and/or use libdlcompat, to emulate the libdl functionality
that linux has with OSX' slightly different shared library
implementation).

Also, of course, there would be a lot of work trying to make particular
devices work (although you could probably use the esd channel driver, if
there is one -- I got phonecore to compile and run and made test calls
using the esd audio driver for that, without a lot of work)

But, we are working on OSX IAX clients over at
http://iaxclient.sourceforge.net/

-SteveK

--
  Steve Kann - Chief Engineer - 520 8th Ave #2300 NY 10018 -  (212) 533-1775
                HorizonLive.com - collaborate . interact . learn