[Asterisk-Users] FAX over IAX

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Thu Apr 3 08:56:44 MST 2003

I think the real solution is some piggy backed protocol that can be told
this is fax information at one end, digitize the fax as if it were a
faxmodem, stream it to the other end using a non-realtime protocol, and
then initiate a fax call at the other end and restream out the data, all
while possibly holding open the original call to indicate reception
confirmation at the end.