[Asterisk-Users] Line is stuck off hook...

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Apr 1 17:50:53 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 18:29, Gene Kochanowsky wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> I have analog lines connected to the fxo lines of the Zhone channel
> bank. All of your suggestions sound good. How do you set up the config
> file so it would play the greeting twice and then hangup the line?

In your timeout extension test a boolean vairable, if false set to true,
if true hangup.

exten => t,1,GotoIf(${looptest},Hangup,1,1)
exten => t,2,SetVar,looptest=1

[Hangup]
exten => 1,1,Hangup

> That would fix the problem for the most part, but why isn't *
> releasing the line when the caller hangs up.

First, what type of signalling are you using? loopstart/groundstart/CPD?
It is important to know loopstart may not signal when it is hungup real
well. If the zhone fails to detect it, then it is possible for asterisk
to never know it hungup