[Asterisk-Users] Up to 8 lines?

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 1 02:28:37 MST 2003

Hi,

I am starting to look at the costs involved in putting a PBX system together using *..

We will be using ISDN lines in the UK, which when installed provide a box on the wall with 2 analog ports and 2 digital ports, so these seem to be the options available to me..

1. I could use an ISDN board but I have not really read good things on the mailing list about using ISDN boards, and I suspect there could be problems running multiple boards in a system properly, also the ISDN boards are quite expensive..

2. I could use X100P's but this would limit the expansion of the PBX as I expect it to grow to about 8 outgoing lines within about a year, and general motherboards don't have that many slots..

3. I could use a channel bank but these are quite expensive and it is proving difficult to find any in the UK..

4. I could put in an E100P and use a PRI line, this has quite a high installation cost and requires that you take a minimum of 8 lines which would be more than we need or could really afford right now being a new company..

Anyone got any suggestions, advice or alternatives??

What would be really awesome is a 4 port version of the X100P (I guess it would be a X400P)... That would make my situation a lot easier..

Thanks..