[asterisk-ss7] SLS handling in libss7

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Tue Mar 6 02:08:05 CST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:48:15 +0100, Torrey Searle <tsearle at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Do you have other links defined?
>
> Usually, libss7 should start counting from 0 for each signaling link
> defined in a linkset.

Yes this is true - the SLC starts from 0 and count up

> On 5 March 2012 19:33, Chris Twombly <ctwombly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm wondering how SLS is handled in libss7 and can it be manually
>> defined as
>> far as the default SLS value selection? I'm trying to get an SS7 link
>> synchronize with the PSTN. Physically, the link is good but it
continues
>> swap between IDLE and NOTALIGNED. All cics are defined and correspond
>> the
>> PSTN settings, as well as all the point codes. I did send an ss7
unblock
>> linkset 1 command from the CLI just to see what happened with ss7
>> debugging
>> turned on and noticed my Asterisk box was sending out SLS 9. The PSTN
is
>> using SLS 0 as default. Do the SLS values need to be aligned on each
>> side,
>> i.e. Asterisk box and PSTN?  My current setup is the current versions
of
>> the
>> following (just created the Asterisk box on Friday):
>>
>> Asterisk 10
>> dahdi-linux
>> dahdi-tools
>> libss7
>> libpri
>> wanpipe (for Sangoma A104)

Asterisk 10 does not support defining the SLC, but you may apply the
latest patches from https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/SS7-27 which
among other changes also adds SLC definition support.

Please post your results here or in the issue if you try it, so it can
move forward in the Asterisk codebase