[asterisk-ss7] Excessive poll issue with chanss7

Vallimamod ABDULLAH vallimamod.abdullah at imtelecom.fr
Wed Jan 18 11:55:53 CST 2012

Hi Robert,

On Jan 18, 2012, at 5:34 PM, Robert Thomas wrote:

> I spoke with Anders about this problem some time ago.
>
> It's basically a driver overrun, the driver is been interrupted longer than expected so it reports that it failed to run for X amount of time.
> Although the driver can run as a kernel module, if a lot of IRQ are happening ( due to the new cards ) the driver will still not get enough time.
> There's some options you can change to make the D channel run in userspace or kernel, depending on the perfomance of the server you might get different results.
> Basically you would need to deploy another BOX and stick to 2 SPAN per server if you see those messages showing up.

Does-it mean that my box is not good enough to handle 4 spans?
It's a Dell PowerEdge R200 32bits with a dual core Intel Xeon E3110 3GHz CPU. What kind of hardware would you recommend to run the 4 spans?
If this is the cause of my issue, I'd prefer to get a more powerfull server than a new card as it is the least expensive option...

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Vallimamod Abdullah
.