[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk as an STP with chan_ss7 or libss7

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at m2j.com.br
Thu Oct 6 09:47:50 CDT 2011

Even a full SS7 STP is an routing/load balancing/plus simple ACL security.
STP is a level 3 functionality.
Proxy is level 4 or level 7 functionality.
Although some STPs come with extra funcionality that allows for
portability lookups and billing independent of the participating
switches, but calling that STP is wrong.

Marcelo