[asterisk-ss7] why ss7

eherr email.eherr9633 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:02:05 CST 2011

Hey list,

I want to learn more about asterisk + ss7.

However, I am not at the stage of configuration, compiling or building asterisk with ss7 yet.

I am more interested in why to use asterisk with ss7 support and how it is used, if you follow the distinction.

I currently have a multitenant Asterisk 1.4.26 with 2 providers. One is a SIP provider with two way trunks. The other gives us PRIs
that goes into a vanilla box that converts PRI to SIP and then SIP trunks it to our multitenant asterisk box.

Thanks,

--Eric