[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 MTP is now Down after 70 calls.

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 03:42:32 CDT 2011

2011/6/28 Robert Thomas <thomcr at gmail.com>

> TE410P

Times 2 :) you have two of those.

> Load is never above the 0.5 out of 24 available.

It's not that simple. It's not cpu power that counts, but, mostly the
latency.

> Asterisk takes like 130% of CPU time.

Not a good sign !

> About interrupts I'll check that during load hours. This is a test run
> running right now.
>
> root at ostional:~# cat /proc/interrupts
> 1856235          0          0          0   IO-APIC-fasteoi   uhci_hcd:usb3,
> uhci_hcd:usb8, pata_it8213, wct4xxp

So, if i read this correctly, you share your wct4xxp IRQ with some hdd
controller and usb?
Try to move all of the traffic to another one wct4xpp card, and try to put
this card with shared interrupts temporarily out of the box.
Also: might be a good idea to disable software echo canceling.

Note: i've have got very similar issues some years ago, but it was (that was
suggested by Digium) a reason of using a clone card, not orginal Digium's.