[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 MTP is now Down after 70 calls.

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 03:18:46 CDT 2011

2011/6/28 Robert Thomas <thomcr at gmail.com>

> Hello Everyone,
>

> We have a 7 E1 SS7 linkset that above 70 calls load starts to flap
> constantly. The MTP goes down, and comes back after 10 seconds or so.
>

> Could this because of line errors, slips or problems on the line? How could
> we check that from the asterisk side?

Too much load on asterisk box? If you have Digum's card there is a tool that
checks how accurately hardware interrupts are being handled / routed
1st check the /proc/interrupts file,
2nd look for tool named zttest it should yeald at least 99.98 %

This is no slip problem, as if i got it correct: if you don't run any calls,
your digital lines are stable (no alerts etc...)

What kind of hw you have there ?