[asterisk-ss7] MGCP

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Wed Jun 22 06:41:16 CDT 2011

You may be better off using chan_ss7 2.0, with clustering and mtp3d and put
8-16 E1 per box.

Both chan_ss7 and libss7 can have multiple signalling channels. Standard
deployment is to use atleast 2 channels for redundancy, preferably on
different E1, even more preferable on different asterisk boxes.

-wasim

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 15:55, Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan at usa.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 16:44, Konstantin Prokazoff <kprokazov at s-v-r.net>wrote:
>
>> Asterisk haven't possibility to assign full E1 for signalling, only one
>> 64-K channel supported at all. But, this scheme is possible, your can
>> ask Digium for additional support or us.
>>
>> BR,
>> K.
>>

> Thank you for your email Konstantin.  We can pay for support.  Our scenario
> is, we can get 32 x E1 circuits from Telco, and only 1 signaling link  So,
> we can have that 1 x E1 attached to Asterisk, and the rest 31 x E1s to the
> Media Gateway.  Then, Asterisk would be required to talk to Media Gateway
> and take calls.
>
> Can you provide support for this services?  Does Digium provide these
> services?
>
> Also, given the large number of E1s, will Asterisk be able to handle the
> call volume?  The Lucent APX8000 in question does support both H323 and SIP,
> but cannot talk to SS7 signaling.
>
> Regards
> HASSAN

wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 30 0850 8070 |
peace be upon you ...