[asterisk-ss7] 16 E1s LibSS7

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:40:07 CST 2011

Hi List

I am using Libss7 with asterisk 1.6.0 and TE420P and its working quite well
handling around 50K calls per day on a single box for past 1 year. I've an
additional requirement now from the telco. They want me to expand the box to
16E1s but are giving only 1 Point code. My question is :

1.	Is it suicidal to run 16 E1s on single box on LibSS7. there will be
no transcoding as all calls would be on E1s [both inbound and outbound] but
MySQL is used in backed?
2.	I am planning to plug 2 Sangoma 8 E1 cards and use LibSS7 will it
have any performance issues ?
3.	If the above setup is not recommended - is it possible to use 2
boxes with 8 e1s each with 1 single point code ? I heard somewhere that
Libss7 currently allows only 1 point code per server .

Thanks

Sriram