[asterisk-ss7] Help aligning 8 SS7 E1s with our Telco

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 07:37:54 CST 2011

2011/1/25 José Pablo Méndez Soto <auxcri at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> We need assistance aligning 8 E1 ports (2x Digium Quad Span TE410P) with
> our TELCO.
>
> We are working on a relatively big SS7 deployment for some time now. We are
> using:
>
>  asterisk-1.8.2.1
> asterisk-addons-1.6.2.
> dahdi-linux-complete-2.4.0+2.4.0
> libss7-1.0.2

Got same problem like 3 years ago with older asterisk, even used the Zaptel
(as name dahdi was not there) and libss7.
Probably, you try to use too much E1 hardware in one server, i've moved to
some ss7 telco-grade gateway with linux based steering.
Any way, try to split this config to at least 2 hardware servers. Libss7
supports splitting links to different hardware servers, also you will gain
HA.