[asterisk-ss7] Chan_ss7 with asterisk 1.8 and sangoma cards

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 13 07:06:39 CST 2011

On 01/13/2011 05:15 AM, Vallimamod ABDULLAH wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2011, at 10:04 PM, Abdul Basit wrote:
>
>> what new features you want to take adv. off?
>

> Well I would like to use mostly the fax T38 gateway to send incoming ss7 fax call through sip, the COLP functionalities to update the caller/callee number during call and also many little features that enhance the general call handling.

There isn't any T.38 FAX gateway support in Asterisk 1.8, although it is
being worked on.

Using COLP support with chan_ss7 will require that chan_ss7 be upgraded
to support that functionality.

> Btw, as the 1.8 is the new LTS, it make sense to upgrade.
>
> So does anyone have already tried chan_ss7 with asterisk 1.8 ? Are the sangoma wanpipe drivers compatible with asterisk 1.8 ?

If there isn't an Asterisk 1.8 compatible version of chan_ss7 available,
no earlier versions will work, because there were many API changes in
Asterisk 1.8 that require modifications in channel drivers to be compatible.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com