[asterisk-ss7] SS7 + T1 on Asterisk?

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Thu Dec 8 00:14:28 CST 2011

I have a working setup on my personal system with a north american switch using an F Link over the 24th channel of a DS1, with the remaining 23 being bearer channels. It speaks 56k links like most north american switches, and has no problems whatsoever. It was pretty trivial, though to be honest I don't have a lot of time to do technical support for non customers.

I have a few tweaks in place regarding link timers that help it be a bit more compatible with my employer's Taqua T7000, but they're by no means mandatory.

Don't do goofy things like ITU signaling and E1s, you'll just confuse your DMS guy since I'm relatively certain the DMS-100 supports neither.

Here's my settings in chan_dahdi.conf (note that my link is on the 4th T1 in my chassis, you'll have to modify "cicbeginswith" and "sigchan" and "channel" accordingly. XXX is the anonymized point code of the employer's switch, YYY is one of our spare point codes in our block that I use for this test system)

group=2 ; DAHDI/g2/xxxx, if you set group=1 you use DAHDI/g1/xxxx
signalling=ss7
ss7type = ansi
networkindicator = national
cicbeginswith=73 ;changeme
adjpointcode = 005-108-XXX
pointcode = 005-108-YYY
defaultdpc = 005-108-XXX
linkset=1 ;must match setting in far end switch - this is a sane default
slc=1 ; must match setting in far end switch - this is a sane default
sigchan=96 ; changeme
echocancel=64
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
channel => 73-95 ;changeme

and in /etc/dahdi/system.conf (again, remember I am using the 4th t1 on my system)
span=2,1,1,esf,b8zs
56k=96 ;changeme
bchan=73-95 ; changeme
echocanceller=mg2,73-95 ; changeme