[asterisk-ss7] SS7 + T1 on Asterisk?

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:19:11 CST 2011

I'd agree -- if I had to pay the telco for this setup it would be
overly expensive.  I'm trying to connect a softswitch into our Nortel
DMS100.. and while the Nortel does T1.. it won't send caller-id
information over the T1, but will over an SS7 circuit.

I'm checking with our switch tech to see if the Nortel supports an E1,
as I understand with an E1 I can use one channel for signaling and the
rest for voice?