[asterisk-ss7] first time SS7 installation

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 06:40:38 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to configure SS7 for the first time on a system that I cannot currently upgrade (ie. I need to use zaptel and Asterisk 1.4):

asterisk 1.4.31
zaptel 1.4.12.1
libpri 1.4.11.5
libss7 1.0.1
(installed from source)

At system startup I'm getting:

ERROR[15475] chan_dahdi.c: Unknown signalling method 'ss7'

and the Asterisk CLI does not contain any "ss7" or "zap" commands.

How can I make sure Asterisk is loading the SS7 library?

According to libss7, I should place "signalling=ss7" in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf. Is that right?
Do I need to recompile zaptel or asterisk AFTER I install libss7?

Thanks

Vieri