[asterisk-ss7] Unable to create DAHDI err 34

Nyamul Hassan nyamul at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:50:47 CDT 2011

Hi,

I just setup a new box last week, and for the past 2 - 3 days, it is giving
the following problem:

app_dial.c:2196 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type 'DAHDI'
(cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion)

I get hundreds of these lines on the console.  It is not that calls are not
connecting at all, but some of them are connecting, and some are not.  I am
not sure why this is happening.

"core show calls uptime" shows some calls are connected, varies randomly.

"dahdi show channels" show that all channels are "In Service" and no
channels are showing blocked.

In "core set verbose 3" mode, I also see the following right after the error
line posted above:

== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)

"dahdi_maint -s 1" output shows some errors, but they are not changing at
all.  They're static:
Span 1:
>Framing Errors : 0:
>CRC Errors : 0:
>Code Violations : 96:
>E-bit Count : 0:
>General Errored Seconds : 85:

Has anyone seen this before?  Could someone please help?

Regards
HASSAN