[asterisk-ss7] WG: WG: ISUP call forwarding

florian at gruendler.net florian at gruendler.net
Mon Aug 22 08:29:10 CDT 2011

Oh, just one last IMPORTANT thing I forgot to mention. Mind the presentation
flags. If the "calling party number" (Asterisk ${CALLINGPRES}) is flagged as
restricted it is ILLEGAL to transmit the number element to the next
peer/subscriber/useragent serviced by Asterisk, unless it is in the domain
of another licensed operator subject to regulatory provisions to know such
data. If the entity running the Asterisk is not an operator but a retail
customer and you are the carrier running Switch B, you must strip the
restricted number element out in SS7, which is not quite easy because retail
customers regularly don't use SS7 but rather Q.931/PRI, where switch vendors
are more likely to provide such retail restrictions.

So long, Florian