[asterisk-ss7] No Audio on SS7 calls to Remote PRIs

Stephan Ellis stephan.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 10:30:18 CDT 2010

Yes that's correct.  Sorry, I should be more clear about my setup.  I work
for a rural telephone company.  We have our asterisk box connected to a
Siemens EWSD.  I have my softphone connected directly to the asterisk box.
The box I am calling is an asterisk box connected to a PRI from bell.  I get
no audio there.  I also tested against a call center that has PRIs from bell
and I get the same issue.  Your guess is as good as mine as to what they are
using.

To complicate matters, I also have my main phone system (asterisk) connected
to a PRI on my EWSD.  This is a completely different box, but connected to
the same switch.  When I call it from my ss7 box I get audio just fine.

We contacted our siemens guys about this and they say that when I call a
remote PRI from our ss7 box, our switch is sending the asterisk box a pass
along message, which we seem to be ignoring.

Hope that clears up my situation a little better.  Thanks!

-stephan