[asterisk-ss7] No Audio on SS7 calls to Remote PRIs

Stephan Ellis stephan.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:15:50 CDT 2010

All,

  I've got a problem on my SS7 implementation.  When I originate calls
across my SS7 link and the call lands on a PRI, I get no audio in either
direction.  The stack I am using is:

Asterisk 1.6.2.13
DAHDI 2.4.0
libss7 1.0.2
libpri 1.4.11 (not sure if i need that, but thought it might be needed for
ISUP stuff)
WANPIPE 3.5.15.4
Linux Kernel 2.6.18-194.11.4.el5 on Centos 5.5

The whole stack was hand compiled on the server (not from repos).

My dialplan is pretty simple, possibly too simple:

exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial(DAHDI/g0/${EXTEN})
exten => _XXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

My chan_dahdi.conf looks like this:

;autogenerated by /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi do not hand edit
;autogenrated on 2010-09-24
;Dahdi Channels Configurations
;For detailed Dahdi options, view /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.bak

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes