[asterisk-ss7] FAX

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Sep 3 07:43:54 CDT 2010

On 09/02/2010 07:43 PM, dave george wrote:
> I am trying to test fax.  I am having lots of failures.
>

> My setup is asterisk with TE410P card connected to PSTN using ANSI SS7.
>

> Do I have to set any option to enable T.38 pass through?
>

> The remote carrier is sending calls using SIP and codec g711u.

You can't "passthrough" T.38 to the PSTN. If you are in between the PSTN
and a SIP endpoint, to support T.38 your system needs to act as a T.38
gateway, and there is no support for that in Asterisk yet (although
there is a patch on the issue tracker that works for a lot of people).
This isn't really an SS7 related issue at all, though, you'd be better
off asking on asterisk-users.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com