[asterisk-ss7] No Audio on SS7 calls to Remote PRIs

Stephan Ellis stephan.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:18:35 CDT 2010

Actually CICs Start on channel 2, signalling is on channel 1.  Any other
combination of cicstartswith results on no audio regardless of destination.
Remeber, it's only remote PRIs that I am having trouble with.

Also, if I set cicstartswith=2, when I issue "ss7 block linkset 1", the
switch only acknowledges blocking up to CIC 23.  It never responds to
blocking CIC 24.  So it must start with 1 starting on channel 2 of the t1.

-stephan

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Abdul Basit <basit.engg at gmail.com> wrote:

> are you sure that CIC start at channel 1?
> have you tried changing values like 2 or 3?
>
> Please past any GRS/GRA messages from asterisk cli.
>

> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Stephan Ellis <stephan.ellis at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I am definitely sure.  Also, when starting asterisk on this box, it says:
>>
>> MTP2 link up (SLC 0)
>> --- SS7 Up ---
>> Resetting CICs 1 to 23
>> Got reset acknowledgement from CIC 1 to 23.
>>
>> So it looks like to two ends agree on the CIC mappings.  It's weird
>> because it seems to only do this when calling remote PRIs.  Like I said, our
>> Siemens guy said everything is ok, except that we seem to be ignoring Pass
>> Along Mesages.
>>
>> -stephan
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Krzysztof Drewicz <
>> krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As with most cases of no-audio in ss7:
>>>
>>> cicbeginswith=1
>>> channel=2-24