[asterisk-ss7] Incoming calls through SS7 for data modemtransmissions - possible??

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Fri Nov 26 15:21:38 CST 2010

On 11/27/10 12:10 AM, Robert Thomas wrote:
> What about modem relay? Should we be concerned when the call goes
> through the DE410P into asterisk via libss7, and then back out via
> libpri? Would this degrade the quality of the modem tones to a point
> the AS5300 will not be able to understand them correctly?
>
> Any special consideration for this?
It's not the libss7 you should be concerned about.

Minimize the overall delay over the bridge by avoiding any kind of
transcoding and make sure you don't have the echo cancellation enabled
on any of the spans. Sometimes people start their configs basing them on
auto-generated PRI configs that have hardware echo cancellation enabled.

HTH,
Vahan