[asterisk-ss7] SS7 link setup between Telsis and Asterisk

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Thu May 20 10:27:01 CDT 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 10:21:16 -0400, Jean Cérien <cerien.jean at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why arent the changes from attila integrated in the
main
> versions ? it seems to be better than the baseline, so why these two co
> exist ?
>
> Thanks for your answers,
>
> J.

good question :) and some personal opinion ... mattf and adomjan, please
correct me if i am wrong

first libss7-1.0.2 is 19 months old and even trunk is 8 month old
most of the patches in issue 13495 were integrated in trunk and in 1.0
branch (maybe new tag will be a good idea), but not all. There are also
some changes in Domjan's version that do not exist as patches in the issue
(like the dtmf regeneration options or at least i couldn't find that)

Matthew Fredrickson is working on the cluster support for libss7 and
hopefully in 1.8 we will see both, but not in 1.6.2 (1.6.0 and 1.6.1 are
even already in 'security fixes only') as no changes can be made to
chan_dahdi except bug fixes, but most of the patches are new functionality,
so we should live with that for now.

The remaining options are to use both chan_dahdi and libss7 form
https://observer.router.hu/repos_pub/ (which most do and is easier) or to
patch  the svn versions with the patches from issue 13495 picking those one
personally needs.