[asterisk-ss7] Where's Matt been? Well, here's the explanation

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Mon Mar 29 05:09:07 CDT 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:26:50 +0100, Attila Domjan <adomjan at tvnet.hu>
wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 13:28 +0200, Kaloyan Kovachev wrote:
>> Hi
>>  joining Matthew and thanks very much Attila! Without your patches and
>> support there would be much less successful libss7 installations.
>>
> welcome! :)
>

>> Are the hacks included in svn version? Can you point me to specific
part
>> of the code (is it DAHDI_IGNORE_DTMF_REGENERATE), as i have similar
>> problems with alarm systems, but had no time to work on it yet. Is it
>> possible to turn off the DTMF detection per specific inbound number
(per
>> call) or just in general?
>>

> yes, on incomming dahdi calls you can disable it /call via
> DAHDI_IGNORE_INCOMMING_DTMF_DETECT channel variable.
>
> Just execuite in the dialplan: Set(DAHDI_IGNORE_INCOMMING_DTMF_DETECT=1)
>
> DAHDI_IGNORE_DTMF_REGENERATE is used for outgoing calls.

Thank you very much. I didn't saw there are two separate vars

> dahdi won't touch the audio and won't make any dtmf frame. You must
> solve it on other leg of the call (SIP, ATA etc).
>
> On SIP: set ATA inband sip mode, asterisk: set rfc2833. When you need
> dtmf conversion from/to ATA change the dtmf mode in the dialplan with
> SIPDtmfMode() application (on called channel via the U(x[^arg]) dial
> parameter).

The other side is set to inband as it is dedicated to alarms (both ATA and
Asterisk) - no need to change the mode, but only 50% of the calls were
working with Asterisk (with lowered dtmf detection durations in the code)
and a bit more on the hardware receiver. Will test now with
DAHDI_IGNORE_INCOMMING_DTMF_DETECT on the gateway. Thanks again!