[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 decoding isup phone num

Kristian Nielsen knielsen at knielsen-hq.org
Wed Jun 23 05:04:27 CDT 2010

Claudio Furrer <elcaio at gmail.com> writes:

> Does anybody know why chan_ss7 fall-through to international phone number, no
> matters if the number is national or subscriber local one? (I mean in incoming
> calls, from pstn).

It's my fault :) Here is the story ...

Back in 2005 when I wrote the original chan_ss7, our systems were running
inside the central switching point for a Danish mobile operator. In this
context, subscriber local makes little sense (we were running centrally, not
on a local end-subscriber switch, and Denmark have no subscriber-local numbers
anyway, much less for mobile numbers).

At some point (I think even pre-chan_ss7), we had seen some rare occasions
where an incoming call would arrive from some exotic country with a calling
number that was obviously international (had a national prefix etc.), yet was
marked as "subscriber local", which is obviously wrong. "Subscriber local"
makes little sense when crossing national borders ...

So a quick hack was made to convert these to "international", and it seems
that hack carried over into chan_ss7.

So that's the "why" :) Obviously, with chan_ss7 now having reached a much much
broader usage, this needs to be fixed. Someone should decide how to expose
the "subscriber local" and similar flags to the dialplan, and once that is
decided it shouldn't be hard to fix the code...

 - Kristian.