[asterisk-ss7] No ringback tone on incoming calls with chanss7

vallimamod abdullah vallimamod.abdullah at imtelecom.fr
Tue Jun 22 15:43:11 CDT 2010

Hello Claudio,

On Tuesday 22 Jun, 2010, at 6:48 PM, Claudio Furrer wrote:

> Which version of asterisk are you running? I upgraded to 1.6.2.8 (from
> 1.6.2.7) and now have ringback!
> Hope this help you too.

Thank you for your update. I have also updated from 1.6.2.7 to 1.6.2.8
but it haven't changed anything for me :-(
The only way I have found to make it work is to make my callweaver pbx
to generate the ringtones. So it is transmitted to my ss7 gateway as
an rtp flow which is sent to my provider over the ss7 channel, which
is not very optimal...

Do you (or anybody in the list) know a way to capture the signalling +
voice on a given CIC ?
I have tried ss7 dump command but it only captures the signalling. I
have also tried the dahdi_pcap patch (https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16831
) but I get a ton of garbage as I have no way to filter over my point
code.

Thank you !

Regards,
- vma