[asterisk-ss7] Trixbox, Sangoma A101 and libSS7

Geoffrey Yeoh pbyeoh at gelxis.co.uk
Wed Jun 2 20:28:37 CDT 2010

Further to my post last month, I've done the following but still have
problem in getting the linkset up..

1.       Installed two trixbox PC with trixbox 2.8.0.3 (Dahdi version
2.2.0-4 and Asterisk version 1.6.0.10-5).

2.       Each trixbox is equipped with a Sangoma A101 card (No echo
cancellation hardware) configured with Sangoma Wanpipe driver version
3.5.11.

3.       Configured both cards as E1 and TDM as voice protocol.

4.       Connect both cards with a crossover cable (1-4,2-5 / 4-1,5-2)

5.       Setup the following configuration files:

TRIXBOX 1 -

/etc/dahdi/system.conf

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

bchan=1-15,17-31

dchan=16

echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31

loadzone=us

defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]

echocancel=no

echocancelwhenbridged=no

group=1

signalling=ss7

ss7type=itu

ss7_called_nai=national

ss7_calling_nai=national

linkset=1

pointcode=1

adjpointcode=2

defaultdpc=2

networkindicator=national

sigchan=16

cicbeginswith=1

channel=1-15

cicbeginswith=17

channel=17-31

ss7_internationalprefix=00

ss7_nationalprefix=0

TRIXBOX 2 -

/etc/dahdi/system.conf

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4

bchan=1-15,17-31

dchan=16

echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31

loadzone=us

defaultzone=us

/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]

echocancel=no

echocancelwhenbridged=no

group=1

signalling=ss7

ss7type=itu

ss7_called_nai=national

ss7_calling_nai=national

linkset=1

pointcode=2

adjpointcode=1

defaultdpc=1

networkindicator=national

sigchan=16

cicbeginswith=1

channel=1-15

cicbeginswith=17

channel=17-31

ss7_internationalprefix=00

ss7_nationalprefix=0

With both setup, I've ran dahdi_scan on both machines and got the following
result on both machines:

[trixbox1.localdomain ~]# dahdi_scan

[1]

active=yes

alarms=OK

description=wanpipe1 card 0

name=WPE1/0

manufacturer=

devicetype=

location=

basechan=1

totchans=31

irq=0

type=digital-

syncsrc=0

lbo=0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)

coding_opts=HDB3

framing_opts=CCS,CRC4

coding=HDB3

framing=CCS

Visually, I can see both cards status LED is showing green which means good
connection.

[trixbox1.localdomain ~]# wanrouter status

Devices currently active: wanpipe1

Wanpipe Config:

Device name | Protocol Map | Adapter  | IRQ | Slot/IO | If's | CLK | Baud
rate |

wanpipe1    | N/A          | A101/2   | 201 | 5       | 1    | N/A | 0

Wanrouter Status:

Device name | Protocol | Station | Status        |

wanpipe1    | AFT TE1  | N/A     | Connected     |

The /etc/wanpipe.conf on both cards is similar:

[devices]

wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT, Comment

[interfaces]

w1g1 = wanpipe1, , TDM_VOICE, Comment

[wanpipe1]

CARD_TYPE     = AFT

S514CPU       = A

CommPort      = PRI

AUTO_PCISLOT = NO

PCISLOT       = 5

PCIBUS        = 2

FE_MEDIA      = E1

FE_LCODE      = HDB3

FE_FRAME      = CRC4

FE_LINE              = 1

TE_CLOCK      = MASTER (The second machine, the card is configured as
NORMAL)

TE_REF_CLOCK = 0

TE_HIGHIMPEDANCE     = NO

TE_RX_SLEVEL  = 430

LBO           = 120OH

TE_SIG_MODE   = CCS

FE_TXTRISTATE = NO

MTU           = 1500

UDPPORT       = 9000

TTL           = 255

IGNORE_FRONT_END = NO

TDMV_SPAN     = 1

TDMV_DCHAN    = 16

TDMV_HW_DTMF  = NO

[w1g1]

ACTIVE_CH     = ALL

TDMV_ECHO_OFF = NO

TDMV_HWEC     = NO

The problem is, when I tried to check the status of the SS7 linkset, it's
telling me that the link is still down.

trixbox1*CLI> ss7 show linkset 1

SS7 linkset 1 status: Down

trixbox1*CLI> ss7 debug linkset 1

Enabled debugging on linkset 1

Len = 4 [ ff ff 01 00 ]

FSN: 127 FIB 1

BSN: 127 BIB 1

>[0] LSSU SIO

Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE

Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED

Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE

Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED

Could someone help me on what else I need to check/configure to get the link
up?  Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Geoffrey