[asterisk-ss7] SS7 Solution Needed

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Sat Jul 31 11:50:49 CDT 2010

Thanks everyone for the valuable inputs... much appreciate.

Correct me if I m wrong...

- Use "chan_ss7" if only 1 signaling link available.
- User "libss7" if multiple signaling link available.

I have four TE420 T1/E1 cards and I'm planning to use two server with
two cards each... I guess I have to verify with the Telecom on how many
signaling link they are going to provide, correct?

Once again thanks for the info... Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Nitesh

Vashkar Chatterjee wrote:
> The matter is with the greater density of port is with the chan drivers.
> chan_ss7 has no issue with higher densisty of ports, but the sip driver of
> asterisk sometimes gets segfault. If you want to use the ast sip driver,
> better to look into the code and do the bug fixing for the segfault.
>
> -vashkar
>
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM, Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan at usa.net> wrote:
>

>> Yeah, it can be a bit daunting.
>>
>> The choice between libss7 or chan_ss7, is still a matter of debate.  We had
>> pretty good luck with chan_ss7.  Using a custom made server with quad core
>> Xeon processor and 4 GB of RAM, we put 8 x E1 into one machine.  Best of
>> all, chan_ss7 supported sharing of 1 signalling link over multiple boxes.
>>
>> The order would be as follows:
>>
>> 1.  Dahdi-kernel & Dahdi-tools (I used the combined download)
>> 2.  Asterisk 1.6.x
>> 3.  chan_ss7 1.3 or 1.4 (and copy the chan_ss7 over to the modules folder)
>>
>> Sangoma does claim to have gone as high as 32 E1s in one box.
>>
>> Regards
>> HASSAN
>>

>> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 00:53, Nitesh Divecha <nitesh at vipernetworks.com>wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks Hassan,
>>>
>>> Yea, I have been reading the Asterisk-SS7 threads but everyone has their
>>> own opinion...
>>>
>>> Main question is what to use libss7 or chan_ss7?
>>>
>>> And what to install first?
>>>
>>> 1. dahdi kernel
>>> 2. dahdi tools
>>> 3. libss7 or chan_ss7