[asterisk-ss7] SS7 Solution Needed

Vashkar Chatterjee vashkar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:12:32 CDT 2010

decide how many E1 you are going to connect and with how many box.

If you decide to use more that one box with one sig chan, than you have to
use chan_ss7. Because libss7 still works only on one box with one/multiple
sig chan. chan_ss7 also has commercial support which you can buy from them.

as i can see that there is requirement of 4 E1 card installation, check if
you have 4 sig chan or one. If you have 4 you can either use 4 cards on 4
box with libss7 or 4 box with chan_ss7.

If you have one sig chan and want to use 4 card on 4 box, chan_ss7 is the
solution.

you can use ast 1.6.1 and is stable with libss7 current version and chan_ss7
1.3 or higher. Place all the cards on diffrent cpu to handle interrupt.

-vashkar