[asterisk-ss7] SS7 Solution Needed

Nyamul Hassan mnhassan at usa.net
Fri Jul 30 14:10:29 CDT 2010

Yeah, it can be a bit daunting.

The choice between libss7 or chan_ss7, is still a matter of debate.  We had
pretty good luck with chan_ss7.  Using a custom made server with quad core
Xeon processor and 4 GB of RAM, we put 8 x E1 into one machine.  Best of
all, chan_ss7 supported sharing of 1 signalling link over multiple boxes.

The order would be as follows:

1.  Dahdi-kernel & Dahdi-tools (I used the combined download)
2.  Asterisk 1.6.x
3.  chan_ss7 1.3 or 1.4 (and copy the chan_ss7 over to the modules folder)

Sangoma does claim to have gone as high as 32 E1s in one box.

Regards
HASSAN