[asterisk-ss7] How to change alphabet ANI to Numaric ANI

Ahmad linuxgurus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 03:32:06 CDT 2010

we want to append in start four digits with every incoming number and we want to display only four digits on those calls whose comes with alphabets. We set the following rules

exten => _X!,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=1666${CALLERID(num)})
exten => _X!,1,GotoIf($["${CALLERID(num)}" = "Unknown"]?changeCLI)
exten => _X!,s(changeCLI),Set(CALLERID(num)=1666)

these rules works fine for numeric cli but if we get abcd in cli then calls goes with ‘1666abcd’ and our carrier rejected that call because they only accept numeric cli. We just want to send 1666 instead of 1666abcd.

thanks in advance and your prompt reply will be highly appreciated.