[asterisk-ss7] TCAP over VPN?

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Tue Jul 13 16:44:47 CDT 2010

A large SS7/CNAM/LIDB supplier communicates with us over SIP packets. You
send them a specially formatted invite with the TCAP type code in it and
they reply with a 200 OK that contains a P-Asserted-ID field that contains
(in the case of caller ID, the name in the name field of the P-Asserted-ID
field, and for LNP I think they return the number in the number field.

-Paul