[asterisk-ss7] ISUP over IP

Jean Cérien cerien.jean at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 13:50:24 CDT 2010

Great discussion.

I get better the value of sigtran. A couple of reasons why that wasnt as
obvious to me.

I am interconnected to a tier 1 carrier in SS7 - via asterisk + chan_ss7,
running over a digium card. Server + card cost me $4K - some money, but lets
say reasonnable.

I am now looking at an SS7/SPIROU (french version of ISUP....) interconnect
and the price is much higher: I reckon $20K min for 2 E1 - btw - if anyone
has experience with France Telecom SPIROU interconnection, I will welcome a
PM !

Regarding debugging, chan_ss7 and libss7 actually dump the packets (libss7
in pcap format). And I tend to believe that the low level layers dont get
too wrong. I havent so far been in need of a true SS7 analyzer which I
easily understand is costly.

Many thanks to all of you