[asterisk-ss7] ISUP over IP

Jean Cérien cerien.jean at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 10:56:12 CDT 2010

Thanks

I am missing something there !

Sigtran has signalling over IP and media over TDM - then, you still need a
TDM card for your voice - so you still need these expensive SS7 cards - or
are there TDM cards that are not SS7, and cheaper ?

Initially, I thought that Sigtran was full ip, which is wrong, but that
appealed me as a way to avoid the ss7 cards - just one redundant NIC, and as
you say, unlimited traffic - but I see we still need them ! I am lost

J.