[asterisk-ss7] How Asterisk + sigtran ?

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Tue Feb 9 07:13:38 CST 2010

hi,

All Dialogic needs to do is to provide a standard M3UA through SCTP ( or even TCP) - and if you do the same, regardless of vendor  on Asterisk it should work - assuming both following the standard. But, to me it sounds like this is a very propritary solution ???

As for Asterisk I clearly remember a M3UA in LGPL some years ago, but I have not seen the code for it lately. But, you are GPL so you can canibilize from OpenSS7.

If not I can provide source code in C for M2UA/M3UA in GPL compatible license assuming someone can assist on the Astrisk implementation. This is however work in progress, so it will take some time before it's ready.

Jan