[asterisk-ss7] How Asterisk + sigtran ?

Nacho FX Cirijillo Najazamapeletinan nachofxcirijillo at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 8 08:37:32 CST 2010

Hi John:

 Thanks for your information, I will analyze the DiaStar solution.

Thanks

NFX

From: John.Hermanski at dialogic.com
To: asterisk-ss7 at lists.digium.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:44:00 -0500
Subject: [asterisk-ss7]  How Asterisk + sigtran ?

Hi Nacho,

Our open source DiaStar server can act as an SS7 gateway to
Asterisk.  DiaStar has been available since last fall, but has only recently
been qualified to work with SIGTRAN.

It uses our DSI SIGTRAN stack for ISUP signaling, and is integrated
directly into the Asterisk dialplan.  You would just need to supply the dialed
number and a technology type of “ss7”.   Installing and setting up
a DiaStar server is quite easy.  The only real work needed to get it going is
the usual SS7 configuration against your carrier’s SIGTRAN
implementation.

I should mention that it uses Dialogic’s DNI T1/E1
boards (single – octal spans) for bearer channels rather than Digium boards.

Please take a look at the DiaStar project:

            www.projectdiastar.org

We have not finished with all of the SIGTRAN documentation
yet, but the wiki does contain info on SS7 configuration. Here’s the
place to look:

http://wiki.projectdiastar.org/index.php/Project_DiaStar%E2%84%A2_Server_-_ISO_Install_V2.0

 If you had a DNI board, you would be able to give SIGTRAN a
trial.

Here’s a little more info on the DNI boards and our SIGTRAN
stack:

http://www.dialogic.com/products/signalingip_ss7components/SS7_Protocols.htm

http://www.dialogic.com/products/ip_enabled/hmp_enabled_boards.htm

Any question, please let me know.

Thanks,

John Hermanski

Technical Marketing
Engineer

Dialogic Inc.

5 Monroe St.

Salem, MA

USA

Tel:       978
744 9098

Cell:
978 836 8028

Email:   john.hermanski at dialogic.com

Web:
www.dialogic.com

This e-mail is intended
only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No waiver of
privilege, confidence or otherwise is intended by virtue of communication via
the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a
recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of this
e-mail.