[asterisk-ss7] libss7 choice and installation

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Fri Feb 5 22:34:28 CST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 10:53 PM, ABBAS SHAKEEL
<shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com>wrote:

> Please some one shed some light on it...

repetitive emails will generally not get you an answer ...

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM, ABBAS SHAKEEL
<shakeel.abbas.qau at gmail.com>wrote:

>> Hello All,
>> Please let me know Answers to the following questions .
>>
>> 1. Which one is better to use libss7 or chan_ss7. Today first time i come
>> to know about it ... little bit i googled but need experts comment on it.

libss7 is easier to install as its part of the asterisk code base
chanss7 is better to use as it can provide additional functionality lacking
in libss7

imho, try both, see which ever you are more comfortable with
we use chan_ss7 mostly, but some (20%) installs are on libss7
for that matter, most of my installs are still on ss7box and sangoma smg

>  2. I have perpared my server ie installed Asterisk , Configured TE420P  &
>> delevired to Telco the Operator. I come to know that ss7 signalling will be
>> used. Now can i install SS7 signalling as Asterisk and other things are
>> already installed OR i may do the installation from scratch.

for libss7, install the libss7 source, and reconfigure/make/make install
asterisk
for chan_ss7, get the chan_ss7 source, install it, and restart asterisk

configure chan_dahdi.conf for libss7 and ss7.conf for chan_ss7

enjoy, remember, google is your friend

--
wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070 |
peace be upon you ...